Students who are Singapore Citizens may apply for one of the following financial assistance schemes:
- MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
- JPJC College-Based FAS
- MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (MOE FAS)
Singapore Citizen student enrolled in a Government or Government-aided school is eligible for MOE FAS if he/she meets either of the following criteria::
- Monthly Gross Household Income (GHI) not exceeding $3,000, OR
- Monthly Per Capita Income (PCI)* not exceeding $750
*PCI is computed by dividing the gross household income by the number of members in the same household. Household members include the student, his/her parents, and unmarried siblings of the student, regardless of the address. Grandparents and other dependants living at the same address may be included on a case-by-case basis.
MOE FAS Benefits
- A full subsidy of school and standard miscellaneous fees.
- $17 transport credit per month, or up to $204 per year, if your child takes public transport (OR) pro-rated from the month of approval of FAS application to December of the same year.
- Bursary of $1200 per year.
For more information on MOE FAS, please click here.
MOE FAS granted is up to December each year. Students will need to apply again if they wish to continue to receive the FAS benefits in the next academic year as household income and family profile may change from year to year.
Parents/guardians need to only submit one application form for all their school-going children/wards to one of their schools. The school which receives the application form will inform the parents/guardians of the application outcome for all the children.
- JPJC College-Based FAS
Needy students may apply for college-based financial assistance. For students who do not meet MOE FAS criteria and those on MOE FAS but require further assistance, they may apply for college-based financial assistance for the following:
- School uniform
- PE attire
- Free printing of notes
- Other assistance as determined by the college
- Graphing Calculator (GC) Support Scheme (available to MOE FAS and College-Based FAS students)
Other Financial Assistance
Financial assistance in the form of bursary from external organisations are available from time to time. The college will inform students of other available bursaries and financial assistance schemes through their Civics Tutors.
Application forms are available at the General Office. Students are advised to read the instructions carefully before completing the application form. Completed application form must be submitted together with all relevant documents to the General Office within the stipulated deadline (if any). An incomplete application form and/or the absence of required or relevant information and documents will result in delay in the processing of application OR application being rejected.