Both H1 and H2 Economics is offered in JPJC.
Assessment Objectives for H1 and H2 Economics
AO1: Knowledge and Understanding
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of economic concepts, theories and principles.
AO2: Interpretation and Evaluation of Information
- Interpret economic information presented in textual, numerical or graphical form.
- Make valid inferences from information presented and evaluate the reliability of information given.
AO3: Application and Analysis
- Apply relevant economic concepts, theories and principles to analyse contemporary issues, perspectives and policy choices.
- Construct coherent economic arguments.
- Evaluate critically alternative theoretical explanations, contemporary issues, perspectives and policy choices.
- Recognise unstated assumptions and evaluate their relevance.
- Synthesise economic arguments to arrive at well-reasoned judgements and decisions.
Assessment Format for H1 Economics
Assessment Format for H2 Economics
New H1 and H2 syllabuses (H1/8843 and H2/9570) and exam format for H1/8843 and H2/9570 will be accessible at SEAB website by Nov/Dec 2021. The existing information must be kept for J2 students in 2022. The new H1 and H2 syllabuses will affect JC1 students in 2022.
The Use of Formative Assessment
Formative assessments are conducted during the course of instruction by the JPJC Economics Department to monitor students’ learning progress, diagnose learning difficulties and provide feedback on areas that need improvement. The modes of formative assessment include Exit Cards and short quizzes using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) tools such as “Quizziz” and “Mentimeter”.
For more information about GCE ‘A’ Level Economics examination syllabuses, refer to: